Registering for Athletics
Families should register on the Athletic Association web site (https://www.shcacademyaa.com/) for athletics at South Hills Catholic Academy. There are 3 steps to registering:
- Register your Family on the website (use register link at the top of the page)
- Add your serprate family members
- Register student family members for sports
Online Registration Help
The Registration Help walks you through the three steps described above for online registration.
Paper Registration Form
If you cannot use the web site, you can download and use a paper registration form (PDF, Word) - one for each athlete. Turn the paper form in at the school office.
Paying Your Family Athletic Fee
You can pay any Athletic Fees online on your Family page. The payment button appears when you owe an athletic fee. There is a processing fee added to your athletic fee to cover the costs of online payment processing through PayPal.
If you wish, you can pay by cash or check at the school office to avoid the processing fee. Make checks payable to "South Hills Catholic Academy Athletics" and include "Athletics Registration" on the check. Also include the full name of the athletes you are paying for on the check.
You can make partial payments of the athletic fee.
Once you make a payment, whether online using PayPal or by check, please allow time for the Athletic Association to verify your payment and update your Family page on this site with your latest athletic fee information. This may take as long as 7-10 business days.
Registration Fee Assistance
Medical Release (Sports Physical) Form
To take part in any sport the school office must have the child's current Medical Release (PDF, Word) form. This does not apply to the "Little" sports and Spirit Squad.
In general, registrations are open before the start of each sports season - Fall, Winter and Spring. This year, since SHCA is a new school, we will open registrations for all sports in May. This will allow the Athletic Association to better estimate what teams we may have and how many coaches we need to recruit for the school year.
Fielding a team for a particular sport depends on having enough volunteer coaches. Also, if enough students do not register for a sport to field a team the Athletic Association will make every effort to place the students who did register on a team at a nearby school. * indicates that the team participates in a Diocese of Pittsburgh sanctioned sports league.
- Girls Volleyball (4-8)*
- Cross Country (3-8)*
- Little Runners (Fall) (Pre-2)
- Football (3-8)*
- Soccer (3-8)*
- Jr. Dev Soccer (1-2)*
- Little Kickers (Fall) (Pre-K)
- Boys Basketball (3-8)*
- Girls Basketball (3-8)*
- Little Dribblers (K-2)
- Cheer (3-8)*
- Spirit Squad (K-2)
- Boys Volleyball (5-8)*
- Volleyball Coed (3-4)*
- Track (3-8)*
- Little Runners (Spring) (Pre-2)
- Soccer (3-8)*
- Jr. Dev Soccer (1-2)*
- Little Kickers (Spring) (Pre-K)
Each student athlete must pay a fee to offset the costs of running the program (uniforms, referees, equipment, league fees, etc.). Below are the expected fees for taking part in athletics at SHCA for the 2021-2022 school year. We will finalize the fees before the Fall sports season begins.
|Families with one child in the program
- $50.00 for the 1st sport
- $20.00 for each added sport
|Families with more than one child in the program
- First child - $50.00 for the 1st sport and $20.00 for each additional sport
- Second child - $40.00 for the 1st sport and $20.00 for each additional sport
- Third, Fourth and Fifth child - $25.00 for the 1st sport and $20.00 for each additional sport
|Little Kickers (Fall), Little Runners (Fall), Little Dribblers, Spirit Squad, Little Kickers (Spring), Little Runners (Spring)
- $25.00 for each (These are separate fees and do not have family discounts)
- The Athletic Association will not charge fees to students who take part in sports sponsored by other schools or organizations (i.e., Football). The sponsoring school or organization will manage the fees.
- The Athletic Association will assess a fee of $50.00 for each athletic uniform not returned after the season.
- When online payment of athletic fees is available there will be a payment button on your family page. Once the sports season begins there can be no refund for athletic fees paid.
A SHCA students' involvement in athletics requires parents or guardians to volunteer as needed - along with all other families taking part in the athletic program. Volunteering includes working at home games collecting entrance fees, running concessions, selling raffles, etc.
Each team at the school also must have a volunteer to serve as Team Parent to coordinate all volunteer activities for the team.